Sunday, October 24, 2010

Well, I don't really know what to talk about today. I don't feel like writing a fictional monologue or an opinion article or a word of the day article. I'm basically shot for interesting things to say. But I want to write anyway because if I stop, I'll forget write for a week and then I will lose my inspiration! So....wow this feels like when you're baby sitting and you don't have anything left to do with the kids so you just stand there awkwardly..."so...um...who wants to play duck, duck ,goose?!" Ha ha ha, I am being so real right now! I think one of the other reasons why I'm writing without a point is because I want to show you what I'm really like. Because I'm defiantly not special! Lately I've been bumping into adults that read my blog and I get this horrible feeling. I start to feel like I should be something more... I mean, sure I have "great insight" (which is what most people say about my writing), and I love hearing that!!! But I really don't have that kind of insight in person. In fact, I'm actually pretty much the opposite of my writer side. And that's why I don't usually talk about my blog to people in person because while it does relate to my everyday life, it is incredibly different from my everyday life at the same time. I literally write my blog and post it and that's it! I don't like reading it over. My insight is like a burst and it stays with me until I write it down and then it belongs to you. It's not longer mine and I don't even remember a lot of it. That's why I like blogging because I can write it down and leave it for you. So thank you for reading my bursts of insight and I'm so glad that you enjoy them (sometimes). But most of the time I'm not like that...:D

1 comment:

  1. Grace, I can really relate to what you are saying. I often feel like that with my own writing. I think part of it is that the insight doesn't necessarily come from us, but from God, who lives in us. When a teacher teaches the Word and ways of God, she is teaching herself as well as her listeners. I feel like that often.

    We are a conduit through which the Holy Spirit reaches out to the world around us, and the first person to be touched is ourselves, if we are humble enough to recognize that we need to hear what we are saying as much if not more than anyone. The knowledge of the truth always comes before the reality of it begins to show in our lives. It is honest to say that we may know what we should do and be, but struggle with living it out. Hypocrisy is when we think that we are what we should be when we really aren't. It's a different thing altogether.

    You are a good writer, a good teacher, because you are a good student. You receive the truth as gracefully and honestly as you write it.

    If your insights don't represent where you are in your life at this moment, they certainly point to where you are headed. You are on the journey with the rest of us, and I know I for one have often benefited from a word of wisdom and truth from your lips (or keyboard). Your humility and honesty make you an outstanding teacher. You lovingly hook arms with your readers and invite them to trod the path with you.

    I am proud of you, my girl. Your "special" is not something that you do, but it is something that you let Jesus do through you. Your faith and trust in Him is what opens the door.

    Love you muchly,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete