Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cry

I sit in one of those really uncomfortable chair that they have in waiting rooms ant hospitals staring at my hands. No tears, that's for those emotional girls that cry when they watch movies like The Notebook. I didn't cry when I watched that movie. I cried when my grandpa died though. At the funeral. In the graveyard, it was raining and I took my shoes off and ran around. I remember the way the grass felt under my feet. It was one of the best feelings. I could have stood there barefoot for the rest of my life. With Grandpa. To tell you the truth, I didn't know him all that well, or at least I don't remember knowing him very well. I remember that he like juicing, and trucks. I remember once he called someone a fag in front of me and my grandma totally freaked and scorned him and I thought it was funny cause I didn't know what what the word fag meant. Now that I think about it, I don't even know why I cried at his funeral. I wasn't close to him at all. Maybe it's because I know he loved me. And anyone that care about you that much has to be worth crying for. Someone who is so happy that you're alive that their telephone password is your birth date is worth crying over. Don't waste your tears on The Notebook. No one in that movie cares. But you can cry at your Grandpas funeral because he probably cared.

2 comments:

  1. Well written article Grace! I hope you weren't at the hospital waiting room recently wanting to cry. Is everything alright?
    Diane (your mom's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first part was fiction :) I'm actually not sure why I wrote the first part..ha ha

    ReplyDelete